After making the the Candy Swirl Baby Beenies, I had to make that same pattern again for older children so Candy Swirl Cloche Hat it is! If you are looking for a sun hat or something fancy to make for little girls, you have to give this one a try!
In 2013, I made the Candy Swirl Baby Beenie for my newborn. Since then, that pattern has been made my so many people from around the world. I myself, have made it for almost all of my nieces or grand nieces. It remains everyone’s favorite. But there is an age until when beanies look good, because then you will need something different.
I love cloche hats. You know those flared sun hats – they look so elegant and classic, specially with a dress! And I am totally in love with the Candy swirl colors. So, The Candy Swirl Cloche Hat was born.
Candy Swirl Cloche Hat
I made this hat with the Alize Cotton Gold Yarn in a variegated shade. I love all their shades and how lightweight it is.
For the hook, I used a 3mm – 3.5mm hook.
It took me around 3 hours to make this hat. I am a fast and experienced crocheter so maybe if you are a beginner, it may take you a few hours more.
This pattern requires that you know how to make the following stitches.
- Chain (ch)
- Single crochet stitch (sc)
- Double crochet stitch (dc)
- Front post double crochet stitch (fpdc)
And that is all there is to know. I have written the pattern and we also have a diagram as a free download if you’d like to make it. Please scroll down to download the pattern.
Disclaimer: Some of the links below are affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission through qualifying purchases. You will not be charged extra if you purchase through those links.
I followed the same pattern as the Candy Swirl Crocheted Baby Beanie but then added the brim to flare it.
How to make the brim of Candy Swirl Cloche Hat:
- Ch2 to begin row, sc in each of the stitches of the (fpdc 3dc) and 3sc between in the 2sc space. continue all around and sl st to go to next round
- Start the row with Ch2 and continue as sc in each sc all around and end with sl st.
- Continue step 2 for as wind as you want the brim. I made 5 rows wide for my 4 year old daughter’s hat. You can go wider if you like.
- For the finishing, start the row with ch1 and then make reverse sc in each sc of the previous row. Fasten off.
Get the pattern delivered to your inbox
I hope you enjoy this cloche style hat. Let me know if you have any questions. Happy crocheting! <3