Sharing with a friend!
Welcome to Week 4 on the Crochet Challenge. This week we are making a rose!
We are going to make a very simple rose and then make a hair clip out of it. Come on in and join the fun!
First time here?
I have run a series here on Words n Needles for my crochet lovers! The challenge is to make a flower every week. I will be sharing one simple crochet flower and it’s pattern every Wednesday.
If you are interested in joining this challenge along with me, all you have to do is like us on Facebook and comment on the post for the challenge telling us that you want to play along. You don’t have to have a blog or an account and you are more than welcome to share your pictures or success on our page for our readers. I will share you too. I will also be pinning your image to my new Pinterest board on the topic. It makes me so happy when people crochet!
If this is your first time here and you are interested in learning to crochet, I’d like to recommend that you hop over to our first week
and make the super simple chain stitch flowers for practice first.
I wanted to make a few more and show you how many different ways there are to this but, I am running out of time today. It is 10pm here and I hope I can keep my ‘Wednesday’ deadline. 🙂
So very quickly, how to make this rose…
A Simple Rose
What you need:
Crochet yarn- DMC size 10/20 Needle- 1.5mm steel A hair clip A needle and thread or a hot glue gun (whatever you are comfortable with) Craft leaves (optional)
The pictures are in a collage towards the end of the post. You can look at them to better understand what is happening.
1. Start with ch25 and sc in second chain from hook. sc in every chain through to the end.
2. ch1 and sc again all the way to the end. 3. ch3, 4dc, join to third stitch with sc. (ch3, 4dc in the same stitch as the last sc. Join to third stitch) and continue to the end.
4. In the last two stitches, join the last ch3, 4dc group to the corner end of the lace as shown in pic.
5. Curl the flower, right side inside from the opposite end. You can either cut of the yarn now or you can use it to stitch the flower in shape using slip stitches. If you decide to cut of the yarn instead of using it to sew the ends in, use a needles and thread to sew it in.
6. Attach the flower to the hair clip with or without a leaf using either a hot glue gun or sew it in with a needle and thread.
That is it. You are done. You can make buttons and attach this flower to hairbands too. A few together would look lovely on a hat. You can also attach a pin to it and use it as brooch on a Tee. With Valentine’s day around the corner, this is a fantastic gift to make for a little girl or to show off to a close friend!
I’d love to hear about your ideas on how you’d like to use it or have used it. Do comment or leave me a message. I’d love to hear from you.
Joining the challenge for the first time? Here is where you can find more about it.
– Simple Chain Stitch Flowers
Interested in joining the Words n Needles Crochet Flower Challenge? Join us on our Facebook Page and share away!
Sharing with a friend!